|What is Marine Phytoplankton?|
Plankton is a Greek word which means wanderer or drifter and it is used to describe the class of marine plants and animals which have limited ability or no ability to to move or swim.Thus they simply drift in the ocean currents and occupy most of the surface area of the earth's oceans.Marine means "of the ocean", so marine plankton are organisms which can live and grow in salt water. Some marine plankton, like the microscopic animal organisms called zooplankton,do have limited movement,as do a few species of the microscopic plant organisms called phytoplankton.
Marine Phytoplankton,also known as marine micro algae,are microscopic single-cell plants that are the most abundant "vegetation" in the ocean.They are capable of turning water and light energy from the sun (phyto means light) into nutrients and oxygen,through a process called photosynthesis. According to NASA, marine algae are responsible for producing up to 90% of the Earth's oxygen supply!
The Amazon rain forest may be an important producer of oxygen, but the marine phytoplankton in the oceans that cover 80% of the Earth's surface are by far the greatest producers of the oxygen which sustains human life.Marine phytoplankton produce far more oxygen than all other plant life combined. They are vital in maintaining the earth’s atmosphere and the oxygen we need to survive.
Phytoplankton are also the plant organisms most likely to be affected by global warming and climate change.So do not think that "global warming" will not affect you personally, for if it limits the phytoplankton growth then you will have much less oxygen to breathe!
With the ability to convert sunlight, warmth, water, and minerals into proteins, carbohydrates, vitamins and amino acids, marine phytoplanktons are considered to be the basis of all other life forms on earth. And they are the basic food source which directly or indirectly supports all life in the oceans of the world - from microscopic shrimp to gigantic whales.
- While marine phytoplankton is at the very bottom of the sea's Food Chain, it should be at the very top of your shopping list of life-sustaining, nutritious foods!
|Why? The elements and electrolytes in marine phytoplankton are ideal for the human body.|
When the human body has the nutrients it needs, it is able to maintain all its complex systems in balance - a state which is called "homeostasis". But when critical components are missing or deficient, the body becomes unbalanced - a state we often refer to as "disease" (dis-ease).
- Most degenerative diseases are the consequence of deficient nutrition - yet it is a sad fact that in the years-long training of medical doctors in North America, less than a day is devoted to teaching anything about nutrition and its importance in disease prevention. Medical students learn all about using man-made drugs to treat disease after it occurs, but little about promoting healthy nutrition as a means of disease prevention. Drugs can be effective in treating the symptoms of a disease, but many fail to deal with the disease which is causing the symptoms.Doesn't it make more sense to find out how NOT to have arthritis or heartburn or a headache, than to just keep taking a drug that only stops the pain for a while?
|Health and Nutrition|
Healthy nutrition is the basis for good health and longevity, but we seem to be on our own when it comes to getting good nutrition and staying healthy. Even the "Recommended Daily Allowance" (RDA) which the FDA requires manufacturers of vitamin and mineral products to cite on their labels is really nothing but the minimum nutrition needed to keep a person alive, not necessarily healthy and free of disease. Many people take vitamin supplements which are pressed into hard tablets and pills that are only 10 to 20 percent absorbed by our bodies, and are of little help in ensuring healthy nutrition. Liquid vitamin and mineral supplements can be up to 90% absorbed by our bodies, and when they are of the whole food type they also contain all the natural enzymes necessary for the proper digestion and assimilation of the nutrients they contain. Nutrients which cannot be absorbed into your cells cannot help you be healthy.
So it makes sense that consuming the entire body of tiny single-celled plants like phytoplankton means you will ingest ALL of the nutritious substances which the living organism contains and uses to sustain its own life. This is what makes Marine Phytoplankton such a potent source of nutrition that can feed us at the cellular level.
Supplying the missing substances allows the body to regain its optimal state of health and well-being.
|Add Diatoms to Your Diet|
Marine micro algae consist of hundreds of species of single-celled plant organisms. The temperate waters off the coast of Vancouver Island in British Columbia, Canada, are home to a variety of more than 200 micro algae species, including the primary producers called diatoms.
- Under the right conditions of light, nutrients, and mixing, these diatoms grow very rapidly. Each year at springtime in the Northern Hemisphere when conditions are optimal, the growth of diatoms in the ocean waters is at a peak - an event known as "spring bloom" - which dramatically changes the colors of the ocean in the photos taken by orbiting satellites.
These rapid growth conditions are now being reproduced at a 30 million dollar Sea Farm on ocean-front property in a special controlled environment in large million-liter tanks near Vancouver BC on the Pacific coast of Canada. In a patent-pending process, the fast-growing marine phytoplankton is cultivated and harvested - from 25 to 45 metric tons per day! There is no farm on earth which can come close to producing that amount of nutritious food so quickly and on so little land - and without putting phosphates and pesticides into the ground.
Diatoms reproduce by cell division, and under optimal conditions like those created at the Sea Farm, a diatom can divide up to three times per day! That means the original diatom cell creates one more new cell three times per day, so at the end of the day there are four diatoms instead of one. But each of those new cells also divide into two more cells, which each divide into two more cells, and so on. As all the new diatom cells keep feeding and reproducing three times per day, the number of diatoms grows at an astounding rate!
A plant which can grow this fast is a powerful food for gigantic whales - so why not for humans too?,
|With this patent-pending technology, spring bloom conditions are reproduced in a controlled environment, both indoors and outdoors, so the amazing natural rate of growth can be duplicated or even exceeded. The plankton harvested from the growing tanks of the Sea Farm is not contaminated by the many kinds of tiny animal life found within the open ocean plankton, or by any toxic chemicals dumped into the open ocean waters.|
Taking vitamin and mineral pills is fine, but with a "whole food" product containing marine phytoplankton supplements, you are consuming the entire body of a vital and nutritious plant and the whole range of nutrients each of these rapidly-growing plants contains.
The exclusive extraction process allows the Sea Farm to combine the benefits of phytonutrients with a natural and balanced composition of sea minerals. Phytonutrients are natural plant-based chemicals that promote proper metabolic functions in the cells of the human body.
|Why Would Whale Food Be Good for You ?|
Plankton is the source of nutrition for the majority of marine animals, from the smallest fish and crustacean hatchlings which compose the masses of tiny animal life called "krill", to the largest fish and mammals that live in the sea.
The largest marine mammals (blue whales, which grow 80 to 95 feet in length) and the largest fish (whale sharks) eat only krill and marine phytoplankton. An average-sized blue whale will eat 2,000 to 9,000 pounds (900 to 4100 kg) of marine plankton each day during the summer feeding season in cold, arctic waters. They tend to live from 80 to 150 years or more, and are sexually active well into "old age".
That tells us something about the incredible potential of marine phytoplankton as an ultra-healthy food source for land mammals like us!
Maybe we should be eating some of this plankton "whale food" if we want to remain as healthy and active as those long-living blue whales and whale sharks?
- We live in a society which has come to accept the ever-growing incidence of disease as almost "normal", and relies on man-made drugs to simply treat symptoms while ignoring the root cause. It is important to understand that "disease" is NOT normal, and proper nutrition enables our natural immune system to deal with almost any of the organisms that cause disease.
Many ailments and degenerative diseases are actually caused by a lack of specific vitamins or minerals that are necessary for certain important chemical processes to take place in the body. So it becomes quite obvious that getting certain nutrients may prevent the diseases which may be caused by a lack of those same nutrients.
Yet the medical doctors who diagnose the diseases and prescribe the drugs seldom try to determine whether the patient is getting healthy nutrition or not. According to Linus Pauling, winner of two Nobel Prizes, a human body which is receiving proper nutrition is quite capable of dealing with almost any disease - from degenerative diseases to the diseases caused by bacteria and virus infections.
Did you know that the human body is constructed to work well for over 100 years? We could have a long and active life if we would only put as much effort into maintaining our bodies as we put into maintaining our short-lived automobiles! Some people do remain in a healthy and active state well into their nineties; while others are diseased and decrepit (or dead from a disease) before they even turn seventy.
You do NOT have to accept the common belief that degenerative diseases are just a "normal" part of getting older. The truly "normal" state of health for senior citizens is "healthy" and "drug-free" - not "diseased" and "drugged"!
Think about this... after retirement at age 65 you could live for another THIRTY YEARS - if you take care of your health and nutrition. Would you want to be healthy and active and enjoying life throughout many years of hard-earned retirement - or be sitting and suffering in a wheelchair in some nursing home, taking five different drugs for five different disease conditions?
The way to optimal health and longevity is through optimal nutrition. We need to supplement our diet with healthy whole foods that provide all the nutrients missing from our regular diet of factory-farmed and over-processed foods.
For many of us, a food supplement with marine phytoplankton is the best solution to getting the wholesome and healthy nutrition which we have been seeking.
|Phytonutrients from Marine Phytoplankton offer potentially promising effects in human physiology:|
- immune system enhancement
- general nutrition - provide ultra-potent lipids to enhance brain function
- energy - increases energy and vitality
- promotes better sleep - more restful and restorative
- antioxidant protection from cancers and degenerative diseases
- cardiovascular health - supports a healthy heart
- blood pressure control
- cholesterol reduction
- liver health - supports a healthy liver
- neurological support - mental alertness, ADHD, Parkinsons, and general dementia
- alkalizing - the balancing of body pH away from unhealthy excess acidicity
- anti-inflammatory effects on membranes - promotes relief from joint pain
- cell wall improvement through increased permeability and flexibility
- detoxification and cleansing - supports removal of toxins from cells and organs
- skin care - such as acne, psoriasis, dermatitis
- better vision - more effective than Lutein
- blood sugars - stabilizes blood sugar levels (aids those who are diabetic or hyperglycemic)
- supports weight loss
Now you can consume this super whole food and get a healthy dose of phytonutrients each day.